Counseling for Work & Relational Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your work and/or relational life? You have channeled anxiety to work for you all this time, but maybe it has recently developed a life of its own. Does it feel like you can’t control certain reactions you have to certain people or situations either at work or at home? Could it be because you are constantly anxious and “wound up”? Have you already tried therapy but found it ineffective? Maybe you feel like Jekyll and Hyde sometimes, along with some other cartoon characters mixed in.
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. I will help you to empower yourself as the real leader that you really are, both internally and externally.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.